My Jackson 5: Recipes

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Recipes

Since staying home I've been able to cook A LOT more and experiment with some recipes. I recently read "Skinny Girl Dish" by Bethenny Frankel. She breaks down cooking and really teaches some basic skills. One of those was the ratio of cookie making. Fats to sugars to flour and my first attempt I have to say was absolutely AMAZING!! So I had to share. This is by far the easiest and most delicious chocolate chip cookie I've ever tasted. Enjoy!

Sarah's Cookies
1/2 Cup Butter
1 2/3 Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 Cups All purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 bar of dark chocolate( chopped and broken into pieces)


Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Add flour and baking powder. Mix in chocolate. Bake at 350 for about 10-12 min. Only till they are slightly golden on top. It helps to bake them on parchment paper if you have it.


Simple Chicken recipe

So since Andy and I are counting calories and trying to slim down I've been trying to mix up the ever faithful fowl friend. This recipe has become a favorite and it's so incredibly easy to make. All you need is Boneless, skinless chicken breast thighs, a packet of ranch or Italian dressing mix and reduced fat Parmesan cheese. Mix the dressing packet and cheese. Rinse off thighs and trim any visible skin remaining. Roll the thighs in the dressing mix and put in a glass baking dish coated with non-stick spray. Bake at 375 for about 35-40 min until internal temp is 160.

Give me your feedback if you've tried them!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good meal. I should try that on my free day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cooking Light magazine and this blog http://www.skinnytaste.com/ have a lot of good recipes. I cook a lot from these two places, trying to keep the dinners healthier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Kaitlin! I've never heard of it, but I'll totally check it out:)

    ReplyDelete