My Jackson 5: Monday oh, Monday

Monday, March 29, 2010

Monday oh, Monday

Wow...what a weekend! Andy is going on his 7th night in a row. I'm so thankful that he works so hard and doesn't mind providing for his family. I truly do have the most amazing and loving husband in the world!

It has been just the ladies and myself though these last 7 days, and buddy I think we are all sick of each other! I'm pretty sure they conspire together up in their cribs during nap time to tag-team mom. Especially when they know it's just going to be the three of us! Needless to say they've been quite the handful this weekend. Whining, fighting, and oh so needy. I can honestly say I can't wait to go back to work tomorrow!! I love them, but I don't have to like them right now:)

Thank the Lord for my awesome mom who is going to take them tomorrow and Wed. Andy decided to take off Tuesday night so we can celebrate our anniversary. It will be a much needed night alone.

So I'm struggling with discipline right now. The girls are old enough to recognize when I tell them "NO". But it's the consequence part I'm having a hard time dealing with. My biggest frustration is changing diapers. They immediately begin flailing and screaming when I lay them down. Unless they have a very fascinating toy to distract them it is mayhem until the deed is done! I've been slapping hands when they start to fight and pinch each other, but is that doing any good or teaching them that since mommy slaps I can slap? Anybody have any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment